|The Ashton Painted bedside|
We can paint any piece of furniture with AURO Natural Paints, which are made using natural raw materials and produced using a sustainable ecological cycle.
If you haven't used them before, please read on...
What's in synthetic paints?
Volatile organic compounds, or VOCs for short. Those VOCs are given out while painting - and for up to five years after your brushes have dried.
A few things you can expect to find:
How does this affect our health and the environment?
- Professional decorators are 40% more likely to contract lung cancer due to breathing the paint fumes every day.
- After decorating, the paints on our walls will 'off gas' for up to 5 years.
- Production of 1 litre of synthetic paint can cause up to 30 litres of waste.
- According to sustainablebuild.co.uk, many of the 'non-toxic' paints from conventional companies "still contain VOC solvents, chemical pigments and fungicides".
- Equally confusingly, the move towards low-VOC, water-based gloss paints is also controversial, as it means manufacturers have to add even more ingredients, using a more intensive production process than before.
- Some also contain animal products....
- ...and some contain titanium dioxide as a whitener, which is a big contributor to environmental problems.
Things you can expect to find in AURO products:
We are proud to use and stock AURO products.
"AURO natural paints, decorating and finishing products are good for you and good for the environment. We stand out amongst manufacturers of natural and eco paints and wood finishes because we have always been totally committed and uncompromising in our environmental standards. Our products contain 99% natural raw materials. It goes almost without saying that we do not use petrochemicals in our products. We also ensure that natural raw materials come from environmentally managed sources and are produced in a sustainable ecological cycle. Much of the linseed oil used in our paints is grown close to the factory and is certified as organic, any waste product and excess paint can be composted. We are happy to fully declare all our ingredients, these can be found in our technical data sheets for each product downloadable from this site.
AURO breathable paints are based on organic linseed oil resins, plant and mineral pigments for colour and chalks for fillers. AURO wood finishes are micro-porous so they don’t flake, peel or blister and are easily maintained. These breathable materials are perfectly suited to Conservation and eco homes and they are especially well suited to like passivhaus buildings. They can also be used on top of previously painted walls, so anything goes really, from New Build and Victorian Terrace to Straw Bale. The use of natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate our products.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
or phone us on 0117 942 87 32.